Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Lion and the sheep

Wednesday 16 January 2013


Once there lived a shepherd. Everyday he used to take his sheep for grazing. One day, while his sheep were grazing, he saw a very little lion cub shivering with cold. He went near to him. He felt pity on the condition of the cub. He took the cub with himself and fed him milk. After taking milk, the cub fell asleep. Shepherd thought if he would leave the cub in open forest, it would put the life of cub in danger. So, he kept the cub along-with the herd of sheep. Now, the lion cub started living with sheep. He went with the herd of sheep everyday for grazing in fields. Many years passed and the cub became a young well-built lion.

Once when all the sheep were grazing, another wild lion made a loud roar from adjoining forest. All the sheep started running in fear. The little lion (who had become very much grown-up!!) also started running. When wild lion saw that along-with all sheep another lion is also running in fear, he became confused. The wild lion came near to the little lion and asked, "Why are you afraid of me? Do you think I will kill you?" The little lion replied in fear, "Please don't kill me!!!" The wild lion felt strange to hear this reply. He asked the little lion, "Do you know who you are!?" The little lion replied, "OK, I don't know who am I.. but please do not kill me. I beg you. Leave me!!" The wild lion said, "Don't feel afraid of me. You really don't know your true identity. Come with me." The wild lion took the little lion near river and said, "Look at your own shadow in the water. Know who you are!!" The little lion looked at his own image in the water and said with surprise,  "I look just like you!!! Thank you so much... I am feeling so much gratitude for your kindness..!!"

The wild lion said, "Why are you thanking me! I did not create the truth. I only showed you what you are in real. Just because you live with the flock of sheep, you started thinking that you are also like them. But the truth is that you are not a sheep. You are a lion and you don't need to live the life in fear. Just know the truth and live with it!!"

2 comments

  1. Very nice story! Life is all about finding your true self.. :)

    http://freehappiness.in

    ReplyDelete

 

Popular Posts