Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Oh God, Save me!!

Wednesday 6 February 2013


Once there lived an old lady in a village. She had immense faith on God. All villagers used to respect her a lot. She always used to pray to God. One day, it started raining heavily and ultimately took the form of flood. Everyone started running to save their lives. However, the old lady was too weak and was unable to run. She went under a tree and started praying, "Oh God, Save me!!"

One group of villagers was passing by. They saw the old lady and said, "Hey, come with us. We will take you to safer place." The old lady, however, declined their help and said, "No, my God will come and save me." The group of villagers tried to convince her for few more times but in vain. They had to leave the old lady. The old lady again started praying and said, "Oh God, Save me!!" One boat with few people was passing by. They saw the old lady and requested her to board the boat. But the old lady again declined the request saying, "You people may go. My God will come and save me." The people tried to convince the lady to come to boat, but all in vain. The water had now risen to chest level of the old lady. The lady climbed the tree and again prayed to God, "Oh God, Save me!!" One life-saving helicopter of army came. They saw that the old lady was struggling in the flood. The army people threw a rope towards the lady and said, "Hey respectful elderly woman, hold this rope tightly. We will take you to a safe place." However, the lady again rejected the offer. The army tried to convince the lady to hold the rope, but the lady did not agree. Finally, the army men gave up and the helicopter moved ahead in search of anyone else needing help. The flood became more powerful and the tree and the lady drowned in the water.

After death, the lady directly went near God and said, "God!! I was your devotee. I had immense faith in you. But why you did not come to help me when I called you in flood?" God said, "My dear devotee, I know that you have immense faith in me. This was the reason I took three different forms to save you. I was present in the voice of help offered to you - by the group of villagers, by the people of boat and by the army of life-saving helicopter. But due to the ignorance of your mind about me, you did not recognize my help"

2 comments

 

Popular Posts