Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Sparrow in wildfire

Saturday 9 March 2013


Once there lived a she-sparrow in a forest. All wild animals used to live happily there. Unfortunately, one day the forest caught wildfire. All the animals started running to save themselves from fire. The sparrow was sitting on her nest. She observed that the fire was spreading rapidly. Many animals died due to fire and many others were just running saving their own lives. The sparrow started thinking and after sometime, took a decision.

The sparrow started flying at high altitudes. At some distance, she found a lake. She became happy to see it. She took water in her beak and flew back to the forest. After she came close to fire, she threw the water of her beak on the fire. Then she kept on repeating the same thing again and again. One crow was looking all this perplexedly. The crow asked the sparrow, "Why are you trying all this? This all will go in vain. Do you think with this little effort of putting few drops of water, you will be able to control this huge wildfire?"

The sparrow replied, "I have many reasons for whatever I am doing. First, it does not matter whether the creature is small or big, if he or she is living in the forest, its his/her responsibility to save the forest in case of any disaster."

"Secondly, by trying my level best, I am making a clear and loud announcement that I do not belong to the group of people who are responsible for this fire, neither am I supporting it. Instead, I belong to the group of people who are trying to control this fire."

"Thirdly, I will never feel guilty in my life that on seeing the forest burning in fire, I did not try with my full potential to save it. Instead, I will feel content that I tried my level best to save the forest."

"Fourth, I want to show the animals and birds who are capable of saving the forest, but are doing nothing and are just sitting idle seeing the forest getting destroyed in this wildfire."

"And finally, when the history of this forest will be written and the incident of this wildfire will be explained, I would be remembered because I tried to contribute with my full potential to save the forest."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts