Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Building of Temple

Saturday 6 December 2014


Many years ago, in an ashram of ancient India, there lived a great guru who used to teach moral and spiritual lessons along with academic subjects to his students. One day, he gave a task of building temple to three of his students. All the three students started the task of building a temple.

It took many days to build the temple. When the temple was completely built, the guru called all three students. He asked his students, "How was your experience of building the temple?" His first student replied, "I was too tired with this task. I felt as if I am one of the biggest fool who is building another temple although so many temples are already present in this area." His second student replied, "I was wishing that the construction of temple gets completed as soon as possible, so that we may get the reward of doing this holy task." The third student replied, "I was highly obliged with this task. I felt grateful that you chose me for this task. I thanked God daily because I was doing service to God by this little effort. I felt very happy and enjoyed it."

Listening to the reply of his third student, the guru hugged him. Then he said to all his students, "All of you were building the temple, but the way you approached at this task was different. One of you was feeling yourself to be loaded with this task. Another of you was doing it just for getting benefits and fruits of this task. But only one student was actually doing it with selfless intent. Only this student surrendered himself to the task assigned to him with an intent of thankfulness and gratitude. What you are doing is not the only important thing, but the intent and feelings behind the work you do is far more important."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts