Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

The Three Oxen

Friday 25 September 2015


A young man went near a farmer with a wish of marrying his daughter. The farmer looked the man and said, "I would let you marry my daughter but I have a condition that you must fulfill. I have three oxen. I would release one ox at a time. After releasing the ox, you will have to get hold of his tail. Even if you manage to get hold of any single ox, I would let you marry my daughter."

The man agreed to this condition. As agreed upon, the farmer took the man near his farm. The three oxen were kept inside three separate chambers on the other end of farm. The farmer went near the first chamber and opened its door. There came out a big and strong ox. The man had never seen such a strong ox before. Afraid, he moved away from ox and thought he would wait for the next ox to come. The first ox crossed the man.

The farmer opened the second door. Much to the surprise of the man, the second ox was even more furious and stronger. The man became frightened and thought, 'I should have caught the first ox. This one is much dangerous ox. I better let him go and would catch the tail of third ox no matter how strong that ox would be.' Thinking this, he moved to a side. The second ox also went without any effort put by man to catch his tail.

The farmer then opened the third door. The young man smiled seeing the third ox. He was the weakest ox among all three. Now the young man was ready to catch the tail of third ox. But he was shocked to realize that there was no tail of third ox. The farmer smiled and said, "You cannot marry my daughter. If you had the courage to grab the first opportunity, you  would have never left the first ox."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts