Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

The Burnt Chapati

Saturday 26 August 2017


One evening my mother, tired due to household activities, went to kitchen for preparing dinner. As she was very tired, the chapati, she was preparing for my father, became over cooked and burned at sides. She served that burnt chapati with the vegetable curry to my father. I was thinking that my father would say something to my mother on the burnt chapati.

But he said nothing and calmly ate that burnt chapati. I heard my mother apologizing and saying sorry to my father for the burnt chapati. I still cannot forget my father's reply to my mother, "Dear, I like to eat the crisp burnt chapati."

Late evening, I asked my father if he really liked eating the burnt chapatis. He took me in his arms and said, "Dear son, your mother was undoubtedly extremely tired today due to household activities. Being tired, she mistakenly over cooked the chapati. You know son, a burnt chapati does not hurt the feelings of any person but speaking a single harsh word surely does."

"I am myself not perfect. This world consist of lots of imperfections. When I make mistakes too, then why should I become angry on other person's unintentional mistakes. Accept the mistakes of other people. accept their imperfections. Also accept yourself and your own imperfections. Be happy with your life, and life would multiply that happiness many times and give it back to you. Life is not meant to be wasted in hatred, jealousy, false ego and confrontation. It is meant to be accepted, to love, to forgive and being happy. Never forget to spread the happiness and kindness around, but make sure you are happy yourself first."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts