Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Fear of Death

Sunday 25 February 2018


After marriage, a young man was travelling with his wife in a ship. Suddenly, a storm hit the ship on its way back. The wife of man started shivering in fear. However, the man was calm and there were no signs of fear visible on his face. His wife asked, "Why are you so calm? Death is right in front of us. This ship could sink due to this storm. Even the pilots are worried."

The man replied calmly, "Don't worry, I have left all this on nature and God." His wife, puzzled with this answer, said, "I do not understand what you left and on whom you left. Here death is standing in front of us."

The man took his sword out of sheath and kept it on his wife's neck. He then said, "Now are you scared that I will kill you?" His wife laughed and said, "This is your wish. I am not scared of you because I love you. Do what you wish to do."

The man put the sword back in sheath and said, "The same way I love God and the nature. In love, I have surrendered the decision of taking my life to God. It is on God to decide when I should die. Hence, I am not feeling scared."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts