Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Leftover Jaggery of Cow

Friday 26 April 2019


There was an invitation for marriage. I was not willing to go there, as I was quite busy in job and wanted to avoid the long journey to the place. However, due to pressure from family, had to visit there.

On the marriage day, in order to avoid getting involved in wedding preparations, I left for few miles away. I sat on a farm and saw some cows grazing around. After few minutes, a luxury car came and a man around sixty years of age came out. The wealth was apparent in the way he was dressed. He took a plastic bag and sat on a cemented platform. He poured jaggery out of it and started inviting cows. All the cows of farm surrounded the man and sat around him as if children surround the elder of their family. The man started feeding cows and some cows started eating jaggery themselves. The man was gently caressing the cows while they were eating.

After sometime, cows returned after eating a lot of jaggery. Then something happened that I can never forget in my life.

After the cows left, the man took the leftover jaggery and started eating them. I was in a state of shock seeing him, but he did not care about me noticing and kept on eating. Then he stood and started leaving towards his car. I ran and went near him and requested, "Sir, please help me understand something. You seem to be quite rich. Still why did you eat the leftover jaggery of cows?"

The man stopped and replied, "Son, the leftover jaggery you are referring gives me immense satisfaction." On further inquiring, he took me near the shade and we sat there. He then explained to me, "Around thirty years ago, I had to leave my home due to some domestic issues. But unfortunately, someone stole my luggage including my money. In this unknown village, without any money and food, I was struggling to find a place to stay. By evening, I reached this farm. I was extremely hungry and almost fell here fainting. Around that time, a person came here and poured jaggery in front of cows. The cows, however, did not eat any jaggery and left and kept on grazing in farm only. As I was extremely hungry, I ate the jaggery. I got some energy and then I moved a little ahead where I found a pond. I took water from there and slept. The next day was no different. I kept on trying to search for some job, but nothing happened. On evening, I came in this farm and again the same events happened. The next day, the fortunes turned and I got a job at restaurant. Happily, I came in this farm. As advance, I was paid a fortnightly worth of salary. So I also bought some jaggery. That day, when I came here, I saw that the same person came and poured jaggery in front of cows. The cows again did not eat them. But when I also poured the jaggery in front of them, I became surprised to see that cows started eating jaggery poured by both of us. It became clear to me that cows were not eating jaggery and were intentionally leaving it for my consumption. From that day onward, I regularly come here and give jaggery to these motherly cows. These cows still leave some jaggery for me, which I happily eat."

After he left, I also took some jaggery pieces and ate them. It tasted divine. I left for the wedding place and participated in all activities happily.

P.S.: The story has been taken by a post on facebook page with the permission of author of this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts