Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

What Belongs to Me

Saturday 30 April 2022

Once there lived a rich businessman, named Anami in Ahmedabad. He used to do a lot of charity. Due to this, he started feeling ego inside. He used to feel superior while doing charity.

One day he was donating few clothes to the poor people. One saint was also sitting in the row for accepting the cloth. He saw Anami and understood the ego Anami was having in his eyes. He declined to accept the clothes from Anami. This made Anami a little frustrated and he asked the saint the reason for his rejection.

The saint said, "I can only accept the donation that belongs to you." Anami did not understand and said, "What does it mean? I have lots of money. I bought these clothes. These clothes belong to me. I am donating the clothes that belong to me."

The saint started smiling and said, "The money which you think was yours never associated itself with you. That money was of someone else before you and it will be of someone else after you. The money which was never yours can not be used to buy something. These clothes which you think belong to you will not go with you once you leave this body. Even this body would not come with you. How can you donate something that does not belong to you?"

Anami became speechless listening this and after few moments he asked the saint, "So what belongs to me? What is it that I can donate? Please guide me." The saint said, "Before understanding what belongs to you, you should first know who you actually are. If you do not know who you are, how would you understand what belongs to you or not."

Anami somewhat understood and his ego vanished. He folded his hands and requested the saint, "O great saint, please enlighten me. I want to know myself and the things that are mine." The saint replied, "You actually are a soul. You are the pot holding the water of energy and emotions within. You need to realize yourself with true knowledge which will show you your true identity. The feelings are something that you can give to others. Your love, kindness, gratitude and happiness are your treasures. You can share them with others."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts