Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Hut of Two Sages

Saturday 31 October 2015


Two sages lived in a village. They used to pray to God and live on the food donated by the people around them. They lived in a hut located near the banks of a river on the border of village. One day a storm struck the village and it started raining heavily while both the sages were away.

After sometime, a sage returned. He saw that his hut was partially demolished. He became extremely angry and started murmuring, "Oh God! You always do wrong things to me. I pray to you all day still you did not save my hut. Nothing happened to the houses of thieves, robbers and other people of village. You only selected my hut to be demolished. You do not love me..."

Then the other sage came. He also saw that the hut was partially demolished. He became extremely happy and started thanking God. He said, "Oh God! Thanks for your blessings. I know you loved us so much that you saved our hut from being demolished completely even when such a strong storm tried to demolish it completely. Today my faith on you has strengthened and I would pray to you with even more devotion now onwards. Thanks for giving us the place to live and opportunity to re-build the hut even stronger."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts