Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Job of Appreciation

Thursday 31 December 2015


After completing studies, a student applied for a job in a big multi national company. There were two rounds of interview for the job. The student easily cleared the first round. Second and final round of interview was scheduled with company's director. It was on the discretion of director to select the student.

The director looked at CV of the student and found that apart from studies, he was also a topper in extra-curricular activities. The director asked student, "Did you receive scholarship for completing your studies?" The student replied, "No, my father has paid for all my studies." The director further enquired, "What does your father do for earning?" The student replied, "He washes clothes of other people" Hearing this, the director said, "Please show me your hands." The director saw that hands of the student were soft.

The director asked, "Have you ever helped your father in cleaning clothes?" The student replied, "No, my father always wanted me to study, and never wanted me to wash clothes. Another special thing is that my father cleans many clothes nicely at a very quick speed." Director said, "Can I assign a task to you?" The student said, "Yes, please order." The director said, "Please wash hands of your father today and meet me again tomorrow morning." The student felt happy thinking that he was selected, that is why the director called him again for meeting next morning.

Reaching home, he told everything to his father and asked him to show hands. The father became little surprised listening such a wish. However, when his son insisted, he showed his hands. The student took his hands and started washing them. The hands of his father were rough and there were signs of many cuts. They were still so painful that whenever the student put water on it, the pain appeared on his father's face.

For the first time, the student realized the pain his father took all his life for paying all his expenditures. The tears started rolling down the eyes of student and he did not realize when he washed all clothes that were supposed to be washed by his father, although his father tried to stop him from washing clothes. That night, the student and his father talked for many hours.

Next day, the student went to the office. The director looked at the student and said, "So, how was your last day with father. If you wish, you can share your experiences with me." The student said, "Sure, Sir! I have learned three important lessons of life yesterday. First, I learned to appreciate the efforts my father put in all his life for my studies. Second, I have understood that no matter what the job is, it needs to be done with full dedication for yielding contentment out of it. Third, I have realized the importance of relationship for first time and the magic a simple conversation can do in understanding each other."

The director listened quietly and then said, "I wished to see these qualities in my manager. I wanted to give this job to the person who appreciates the efforts of other team members and understands the pains of others. A person who does job only for money cannot justify this position of manager. Congratulations, you are selected for this job."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts