Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Fighting Old Couple

Saturday 30 November 2019


The quarreling of old couple living nearby never ends. One day, I thought of discussing the reason for their quarrels. Then I thought I have come only for few days, so let it be that way. But after sometime, the old lady again started shouting. I decided to meet them and went to their house.

When I entered, I saw the old man cleaning the floor with mop and wiper. He smiled on seeing me and again started cleaning the floor. The lady was still murmuring from kitchen, "Have asked him so many times not to clean floor, but he does not listen." I asked the man, "Sir, why are you cleaning the floor when your wife is asking not to do this?" The man replied, "I am not fond of cleaning the floor, but she is. Yesterday, she got cramps so I am doing it, so that she does not have to bear the pain."

Amazed with this, I could just say "What...!"

I entered kitchen where the lady was grinding spices using grindstones. I asked the lady, "Why are you doing so much hard work when you can grind the spices in mixer." The lady replied, "The old fellow likes the taste of spices of grindstones. He eats the dishes very happily when I use these spices. And is he still cleaning the floor? I am worried if he fells and gets his bones fractured. I cannot handle a wounded person at this age."

Now the man started shouting, "Please ask this old woman where she hid my sandals." The lady said, while serving the food, "Yes, I have hidden the sandals. If you want to go outside, wear the shoes." I asked the lady, "But why have you hidden the sandals?" The lady replied in low tone so that the man could not hear, "You don't know. He goes outside wearing sandals in such cold. His fingers were swollen and he was in pain. Now I have hidden the sandals. He has no choice but to wear shoes. It will protect his feet from cold."

All of us now started having breakfast. After finishing the breakfast, the man started searching for something and then shouted, "Where is the jute bag? I need to bring vegetables." The lady replied, "Why you go alone for buying vegetables. You must be meeting someone whom I don't want to see. Also, you bring such rotten vegetables that it is better not to bring anything." I looked at lady with questions in my eyes. The lady understood and replied in lower voice, "He becomes tired by walking a mile. How can I see him gasping and tired. I have asked Bahadur (watchman), he will send the vegetable vendor soon."

I understood the deep love behind their quarrels and happily returned. The quarrels never ended and so the love of the old couple.

(Taken from facebook post in hindi: https://www.facebook.com/bhaktidotcom/posts/3031886440173172?__tn__=K-R)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts