Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Elephant and Pig

Saturday 27 February 2021

There was an elephant who was returning to forest after taking bath in river. On his way back he saw a pig, completely soaked in mud, coming from the other side of bridge. On seeing the pig, the elephant moved to a side, allowing pig to pass without making any contact. Thereafter, the elephant continued moving forward towards forest.

The pig, in his arrogance, said to other elephants and pigs, "Did you see how afraid this elephant was? He could not confront me and moved to a side seeing me coming." The friends of the elephant could not understand the reason for the elephant's such behavior. They went near the elephant and asked him, "Why did you move to one side by seeing the pig. Were you really afraid?"

The elephant laughed listening this and said, "I am not afraid of the pig. I know I can easily crush him under my foot. But that pig was dirty and I had taken bath. I was clean and did not want to become dirty by making any contact with him. I wanted to avoid it and hence moved aside. Not everything deserves me to react, though I am powerful enough to defeat anything. I need to spend my time in my growth, instead of wasting the time by fighting any dirty pig."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts