Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Weight of Love

Sunday 30 January 2022

A hermit was climbing Himalayan mountain with baggage on his head. He saw a small boy climbing the mountain with his sister on his head. His sister was quite fat and the boy was quite young. Seeing the boy carrying the heavy load of his sister, the hermit sympathetically said, "You must be tired kid. You are carrying so much load on your head while climbing." The boy was astonished listening this and said, "What are you saying this sir! I am carrying my young sister. You are carrying the load of baggage on your head. She is my sister not any load."

The hermit later wrote:

"I have read many scriptures but I never heard or read anything so amazing. I learned that weight is not felt for love inside heart, it is only felt when we put them on weighing scale, even the weighing scale of mind. The law of love makes heavy as light. It brings the perception of weight to zero. It does not follow any law of gravity and physics. Love liberates, frees a person of all shackles.

The more you love, the more you would become light. It would become very easy for a person who loves, to reach the divine within. Love is the energy which binds everything together. Love is the way to experience the infinite within and everywhere. I thank the small kid to teach me such an important aspect of life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts