Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Immortality Wish of Emperor

Friday 31 March 2023

Once there lived an emperor who had conquered a large part of world. One day, he heard that there is a river of immortality flowing through Indian subcontinent. He ordered his generals to search for the river. After some days, one officer informed him that the river was found.

Now the emperor was close to the river and he could fulfill his wish of immortality. Happily, he tried to reach the water. While he was about to take water in his palm, a scream was heard, "Don't take this water. It would be biggest curse of immortality if you consume it."

The emperor looked around. There was a crow lying in a very poor condition. The emperor went near crow and asked, "Was that you who screamed?" The crow said, "Yes, look at me. I also wanted to become immortal. I consumed the water of immortality. Since then, hundreds of years have passed. I am still alive. My body has now become so weak that I cannot even stand, leave aside flying. I want to die, but the death is not coming. What is the use of such a life when you cannot enjoy living. Do not become immortal. Just enjoy the life till you are alive. And pray that death comes without any pain to you."

The emperor turned and went without consuming any water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts