Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Reason For Cycling

Sunday 10 December 2023

Once five disciples were cycling from home to the ashram. On reaching ashram, the monk asked them the reason for cycling.

First disciple said, "I feel by cycling I have offloaded my shoulders from huge burden." The monk said, "You are very intelligent and will remain healthy throughout your life."

Second disciple replied, "I enjoy the view of the flowers and forest while cycling." The monk said, "You are blessed, you will enjoy the life through the beauty of nature."

Third disciple replied, "I feel by cycling I am contributing to the environment. I recite prayers during cycling as well." The monk said, "You are great, your mind will remain sharp like a new sword."

Fourth disciple replied, "I feel oneness with all the living beings while cycling." The monk was pleased and said, "You are progressing towards the glorious destination of life."

Fifth disciple replied, "I only do cycling while cycling and enjoy it." The monk sat in front of him and said, "O great person, I am your disciple. Please accept me as your disciple and teach me."

Other four disciples asked the monk for such behavior. The monk said, "I am his disciple because he is completely focused into the present moment. He cycles and his focus is only on cycling, nothing else."

"The real way to live the life is to remain focused on the present moment and do the action towards your goal without getting distracted by anything else. This is why I became his disciple as he knows this beautiful secret."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts