Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Help of Fifty Rupees

Monday 30 July 2018


Once I was going back from work to home. On the way, I saw a note pasted on a metro pillar. When I reached near that note, it was written, "I lost fifty rupees yesterday on this road. My eyesight is very weak. Whoever finds it, please return me to following address: ****".

Reading this, I felt an urge to go to that address and help that person. I remembered the address. It was the last home of the street. On reaching, I knocked the door. A very old woman opened the door. She could not see properly and walked with the help of a stick.

"O mother", I said, "Here is the fifty rupees that you lost on road. I have come to return it to you." The old lady started crying listening this. She said, "Son, some 50-60 people have already come and given me fifty rupees today. I cannot write. I cannot even see properly. Don't know who wrote that note on seeing my pity condition to help me."

On persisting, she accepted fifty rupees but then requested, "Son, I have not written that note. Somebody has written it to help me. Please tear it while you go from there." Nodding I came out from her house. But my consciousness did not allow me to tear that note. I thought that old lady must have asked those 50-60 people also to tear that note but nobody did that.

In this life, there are only two entities that can judge our good or bad actions. One is "Supreme soul" and the other is our own soul. My heart filled with gratitude for that stranger who pasted that note on pillar.

I did not tear that note too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts