Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Whom can you make Happy

Wednesday 30 January 2019


I was present in reception of one of my close friend's marriage. As he was my close friend, I was involved in doing various arrangements. Besides sweet-dishes, around thirty delicacies were prepared. Also, over a thousand guests would have arrived at function.

Around 11 PM, when function was concluding, I went upstairs. All the close relatives had gathered there. Around that time, the maternal aunt of my friend was going back to her home. I could listen that she was murmuring that his brother spent so much on guests but gave no gifts to her. I was shocked to listen this as just four days back, she was saying that she does not want any gift, and his brother should concentrate on serving guests as it was an important function. Also, she said that she can be given gifts on any other occasion.

Another person, who was friend of my friend's father, was saying to someone, "If he accepted my proposal for hiring cook of my choice, the food would have been far more tasty. Did you see that mashed potatoes dish was so tasteless. This cook forgot to put salt in it."

The close relatives kept on leaving and I kept on listening complains of each of them. The closer the relative, the higher the number of complaints.

Next day, I met another friend and discussed about this event. He listened each word carefully and said, "Do you really think these people can be satisfied? Everyone around here is filled with so much negativity, that you or me can never fulfill their wishes. These people even have complaints with the almighty. The issue is that we think so much about this society, which does not even care if we exist or not. Entangled with this life, we even forget about the almighty God, who becomes happy just on our one thought. Instead of thinking about what other people think of us, we should think what God thinks of us. This life would be much better."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts