Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Strength of Prayer

Monday 25 March 2019


Once, an old lady went to a shopkeeper and requested, "Please give me some vegetables. I am very hungry." The shopkeeper looked at her and said, "You seem to be very poor. I am not donating any vegetables."

The lady had no money. Even after requesting many times, the shopkeeper did not agree to lend any vegetables to her. When the old lady almost started crying, the shopkeeper said, "If you have anything valuable, you can put it to this scale. I will give vegetables of that weight."

The lady thought a little and then wrote something on a paper and gave it to shopkeeper. The shopkeeper started laughing. The lady, undeterred, said, "Please put this paper on one side of scale and give me vegetables weighing exactly as of this paper."

The shopkeeper kept the paper on one side of scale and started putting vegetables on the other side. To his extreme surprise the side of paper remained down even after he had put all vegetables on other side. He folded his hands and requested old lady to reveal what is in that paper. The lady said, "You can read it."

Shopkeeper took the paper and unfolded it. On the paper, the lady had written, "Dear God, you know everything. I surrender myself to you. Please do as you wish."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts