Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Punishment of Society

Sunday 29 August 2021

A fifteen year old boy was caught in America, stealing bread and cheese from a store. A shelf of store was also damaged while trying to catch the boy. He was taken to the police station and next day, the court was assembled for hearing the case.

The judge listened to the case and asked the boy, "Is it true that you were stealing bread and cheese?" The boy said, "Yes sir."

The judge asked, "But why?"

The boy replied, "I needed them."

Judge: "Why you did not purchase them?"

Boy: "I had no money."

Judge: "You could have asked from your parents."

Boy: "I only have mother. She is unemployed and also ill. Had stolen the bread and cheese for her."

Judge: "Don't you do any job?"

Boy: "I had a job in car showroom. I used to wash cars there. I took a leave for one day to take care of my mother. Next day, the shop owner fired me because of taking a day off."

Judge: "You should have asked someone for help."

Boy: "I asked for help from at least forty fifty persons. None of them helped me. As a last resort, I had to steal out of helplessness."

The judge now started giving the judgement, "Stealing bread and cheese is really a very serious and shameful crime. We all are responsible for this crime. Everyone present in this courtroom are fined ten dollars to be given to this boy. Also, the owner of the showroom is fined a thousand dollars for such inhumane behavior and firing this boy. If the shop owner does not deposit the fine within next twenty four hours, I order the authorities to seal his shop. The court grants all the fine amount to be given to this boy and pledge for his forgiveness. We, as a society, failed and we should be punished for it."

After listening to the judgement, everyone in the courtroom were literally crying and they took out ten dollars and submitted to the bailiff. The judge also took out ten dollars, gave it to bailiff and hiding his own tears, left. The boy was stunned and was looking at the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts