Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Help of A Rupee

Tuesday 30 November 2021

Once Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar was going through Calcutta market. A teenage boy came near to him and started begging for a paisa. The clothes he was wearing, were torn at many places and one could easily identify him to be extremely poor. Ishwar Chandra looked at him and asked, "What will you do with one paisa?" The boy said, "I will buy food to eat." Ishwar Chandra asked, "Then how will you eat tomorrow?" The boy said, "I would beg a paisa from someone tomorrow."

Ishwar Chandra: "What if I give you ten paisa?"

The boy: "I will eat food with one paisa and would buy some oranges from wholesale with rest money, and would earn money by selling those oranges."

Ishwar Chandra: "What if I give you one rupee?"

The boy happily replied, "Then I can sell a lot of oranges and would set up my small shop after some days by selling oranges."

Ishwar Chandra gave one rupee to the boy. The boy ate some food, then bought some oranges from wholesale market and started selling them.

After few weeks, one day the boy was sitting in his shop selling fruits when he saw Ishwar Chandra in the market. He went near Ishwar Chandra and brought him to show his shop. Ishwar Chandra congratulated him and wished him success in his business. The boy thanked Ishwar Chandra and said, "I am very grateful to you. Whatever I am able to do today is only because of your help of a rupee. Please accept the return of one rupee from me now."

Ishwar Chandra smiled and said, "You need not to be thankful for that help. I did that only because I could see the genuineness in you. That help of a rupee is successful. You do not need to return me any money now. If needed, you can also help someone needy with your rupee in the same way."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts