Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Butter and Bread

Sunday 31 October 2021

There was a milkman who used to sell butter to bakers. One of the bakers used to buy a pound of butter from him. One day, he thought to check if he was getting the amount of butter correctly or not. On weighing, he found that the butter weighed less than a pound. He became angry and took the milkman to the king's court.

The king listened to the case and asked the milkman the reason for selling less amount of butter. The milkman said, "Respected king, I am very poor. I do not have any measure to weigh the butter but I have a scale."

The king asked, "Then how do you sell butter to bakers?"

The milkman replied, "I sell butter to bakers for the weight of their breads. I buy breads from the bakers. I put the loaf of bread on one side and butter on other side. I simply sell the butter of equal weight of bread I buy from bakers. I also bought a pound of bread from him before selling butter. This baker is getting the butter as per the weight of bread he sold to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts