Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

The Unlucky Parents

Friday 31 May 2019


There lived a girl Bhagya in a village. She was very fond of cooking and used to learn new recipes whenever she could. She was not that good looking and was also very bad in academics. Due to this reason, many marriage proposals for her were rejected. Her father at times used to say that he was very unlucky to have an ugly daughter. However, her mother did not scold her ever as she knew that it was not her daughter's fault. In her mother's eyes, she looked very pretty. Probably her mother was so loving that she never felt bad of her looks and marriage proposal rejections.

One day another family came to meet Bhagya. Bhagya was not in home since morning and hence the family waited for her. She came in the afternoon, smiling, with an envelope in her hand. On seeing her, the family apologised and rejected the marriage proposal. This time her father again became disappointed and said, "It was such an unlucky day when she was born." Bhagya did not seem to have any impact by this rejection and went near her mother happily. However, this time her mother was also disappointed. Her mother annoyed with another rejection, said, "Your father is right. You are really very unlucky." Bhagya became sad hearing this from her mother. She said, "So should I have not been born? Should I die so that you can be happy?" Her mother was still angry and said, "Do not bug me. Go and die somewhere."

Bhagya started crying and left. After few minutes, her mother realized her mistake. She immediately rushed to Bhagya's room and found that room was locked from inside. When Bhagya did not respond even after knocking repeatedly, she called the father and both of them broke the door by hitting it hard. As the door opened, they found Bhagya hanging on the fan, with the envelope lying on the bed. Shocked, the parents opened the envelope. There was a certificate for winning first prize in national cooking championship and a letter inside it. They started reading the letter, in which Bhagya wrote, "My dear mom, you have been always a pillar of strength for me. I never felt bad when people rejected me nor I felt bad on my father's disappointment. But I cannot see you sad because of me. Today, you asked me to die and I have always obeyed you. Please take the certificate which I won today. Mom, you know, when I won the championship, people around me were saying, 'She is such a great cook. Her parents must be very lucky and proud to have such a daughter.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts