Followers


"Motivational stories inspired from the lives of saints."

Alexander: Servant of The Servant

Friday 26 April 2013


Alexander the great, while returning back from India, remembered that the people of his empire asked him to come with an Indian mystical yogi. He started searching for yogi. In the forests, he found one yogi sitting beneath a tree. He was sitting there meditating on the name of God. Alexander went near him and sat quietly.

When yogi opened his eyes, Alexander found that a divine light encircled around him. Alexander felt happy that he found a spiritually awakened yogi. He asked the yogi, "Respected soul! I request you to please come with me to Greece. I will give you all the facilities that you wish. A room of my palace will be dedicated for you and many servants will be available for your service."

The yogi smiled hearing all this and replied, "I do not have any wishes to be fulfilled. I do not need any human servants. Also, I am very happy in my life and I do not want to go to Greece unnecessarily." On hearing such a reply declining his offer, Alexander became angry and replied, "Do you have any idea about me? I am Alexander, the great. I rule over whole world, directly or indirectly. All kings of this world are afraid of me by just mentioning my name. I can even cut you into pieces by my sword as a punishment for declining my orders."

The yogi again replied without getting any impact of Alexander's anger, "You said two things. First, you said you can cut me into pieces. However, you can not cut me. The only thing you can cut into pieces is this body. This body is only a cloth for me that I am wearing. But your sword can not even touch me. I am indestructible and immortal. The second thing you said is you rule over the world. But I can observe that you are actually not the ruler but a servant of my servant."

Amazed and confused to hear such a calm reply of the yogi, Alexander asked, "What do you mean to say that I am servant of your servant?" The yogi said, "O Alexander!! With my devotion to the God, I have conquered all the evils and senses, including anger. Anger is now my servant. I can see that you are being controlled by anger. You are a servant of anger, and you became angry by only my denial of your offer. You are not a ruler in my viewpoint, but a servant of my servant."

4 comments

  1. very very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very very thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

      Delete
  2. Good one! :)

    I'm just curious, is it a true story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a true story, but I have simplified the conversation. It was a very long debate actually!!! :)

      Delete

 

Popular Posts